What’s happening today?
We don’t say what we mean,
And we don’t mean what we say.
We trundle along in life,
Not speaking when we should,
We wait until it’s too late,
And then say nothing good.
We don’t look at each other,
Nor smile as much these days,
We are all so busy,
Being busy is the craze.
But what is so important?
That we don’t really talk?
Why don’t we make time?
Instead of running, we could walk.
We use our text messages,
Our computers, to speak for us,
We use our telephones,
And rely on our trust.
It’s hard to know what’s behind talk,
If you’re not face to face,
It’s hard to get a clear message,
Isn’t it a disgrace?
That we don’t meet each other,
And look eye to eye?
That we don’t take the time,
And understand why.
Why it is so important,
We connect and really speak,
Why it is essential,
We truly listen and not freak.
When someone suggests something,
That’s so far from our minds,
World peace depends on these things,
So lets not be so behind.
We’ve got to make an effort,
And truly realize,
This isn’t really connecting,
It isn’t civilized.
Aisha Sherazi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Communication by Aisha Sherazi )
- Walk the Walk, Donald R Charon
- To Smile Even In Sadness, Rohit Sapra
- In secrets, gajanan mishra
- A-DOODLE-DO, Donald R Charon
- Nostalgia- Song of the Expatriate, S.zaynub Kamoonpuri
- Wipes off obloquy, gajanan mishra
- Beloved of Bronze Skin, Donald R Charon
- a dead sea scroll unrolled, Mandolyn ...
- I am Thy Woman O my Protector, Aftab Alam
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)