What’s happening today?
We don’t say what we mean,
And we don’t mean what we say.
We trundle along in life,
Not speaking when we should,
We wait until it’s too late,
And then say nothing good.
We don’t look at each other,
Nor smile as much these days,
We are all so busy,
Being busy is the craze.
But what is so important?
That we don’t really talk?
Why don’t we make time?
Instead of running, we could walk.
We use our text messages,
Our computers, to speak for us,
We use our telephones,
And rely on our trust.
It’s hard to know what’s behind talk,
If you’re not face to face,
It’s hard to get a clear message,
Isn’t it a disgrace?
That we don’t meet each other,
And look eye to eye?
That we don’t take the time,
And understand why.
Why it is so important,
We connect and really speak,
Why it is essential,
We truly listen and not freak.
When someone suggests something,
That’s so far from our minds,
World peace depends on these things,
So lets not be so behind.
We’ve got to make an effort,
And truly realize,
This isn’t really connecting,
It isn’t civilized.
Aisha Sherazi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Communication by Aisha Sherazi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON