Compare Our Love to a Sea Voyage
Shall I Compare Our Love to a Sea Voyage?
Light on that beacon please!
That I've been sailing so long in treacherous water,
That I can no longer distinguish between one place or another.
But do keep that beacon aimed.
Because even when I can see your shore,
I will still be afraid to come closer to your core.
Use your lighthouse to hypnotize me.
And then coax me, as in how to enter your bay.
Yet let there be no sandbanks before I reach your quay.
And do persist with that siren!
Because I won't throw out my anchor,
Until I'm fully convinced you're a secure harbor.
Then wash off my deck, to you I'd plead.
And clean the salt, that underneath it has been burrowed.
My mast was cracked; it needs to be repaired, swift and thorough.
Now each time I set off sail,
I'll return to you bringing new life to pasture.
Whatever you may need from me, will be yours master.
Gina Borrebach's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Compare Our Love to a Sea Voyage by Gina Borrebach )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan