Compare Our Love to a Sea Voyage
Shall I Compare Our Love to a Sea Voyage?
Light on that beacon please!
That I've been sailing so long in treacherous water,
That I can no longer distinguish between one place or another.
But do keep that beacon aimed.
Because even when I can see your shore,
I will still be afraid to come closer to your core.
Use your lighthouse to hypnotize me.
And then coax me, as in how to enter your bay.
Yet let there be no sandbanks before I reach your quay.
And do persist with that siren!
Because I won't throw out my anchor,
Until I'm fully convinced you're a secure harbor.
Then wash off my deck, to you I'd plead.
And clean the salt, that underneath it has been burrowed.
My mast was cracked; it needs to be repaired, swift and thorough.
Now each time I set off sail,
I'll return to you bringing new life to pasture.
Whatever you may need from me, will be yours master.
Gina Borrebach's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Compare Our Love to a Sea Voyage by Gina Borrebach )
- Missing Links, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
- The universe is conspiring in our favor, Sagrario Garcia
- A Disagreement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- O Death Oh Loser, Adeosun Olamide
- How Many Things Are Still Left (The End .., Stephen Warren Williams
- Will I With It Sit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)