Frances Macaulay Forde
Banter that backfired because
literal interpretations got lost
in considered connotations,
(re-read a thousand times)
of what went way-back-when…
Juxtaposition of judgements.
Hastily harnessed how-comes?
Stopping me still, seriously!
Making me question us both.
My passionate banshee tears
initiated by tactile responses
to words type-tapped carefully.
Sometimes in casual jest
to test my reactions?
Is it natural to anticipate
disaster - dismissal and defend?
Not normally for me - I search
for more of your positive essence,
confirmation of my impressions.
I want you - all of you - now!
Every nuance of normality
shared secretly, sensually…
But other stuff too - thoughts,
reasons, why you do what you do…
I can't ‘see' the whole of you
touch your skin - breath you in.
Sense your hands on my breasts
holding me, stroking me softly.
I want - I need - I crave to.
Insecurity inserts itself
firmly forcing doubt-feelings
to well and grow without witness,
until you answer; you calm; you claim,
cover my heart and soul with caring.
Linger in my love, lay there
until we're both sweetly exhausted
by this power, this perpetual passion.
This and many more of my poems are now available as KINDLE Poetry Chapbooks on Amazon.com
http: //www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1? _encoding=UTF8&field-author=Frances%20Macaulay%20 forde&search-alias=digital-text&sort=relevancerank
Topic of this poem: love
Frances Macaulay Forde's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Computer Messenger by Frances Macaulay Forde )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Mending Wall, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Counting Days, maria sudibyo
- Rain in My Heart, maria sudibyo
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey