Absence of understanding that the past
can’t be applied to future trends dismays.
Conditions change. Tomorrow's dawn displays
multilevel windows, links too fast
create new interfaces, leave aghast
those who'd draw back where subtle interplays
call for advance, dice chance and novel ways
to seek, must earn earn in manner multicast.
Gust sweeps away lust's dust, no cultures last
pride pays Time's price though fool 'stop icon' prays.
All evolves, kite flies from tethered stays
unstrung by unexpected stormy blast.
What brave new world can dam the winds of change?
That some presume themselves immune seems strange!
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Conditions Change by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Finally Free, Kelly Shanks
- The Court of Cassation, Brian J. Stafford
- The Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- Haiku ' Clouds ', miken newman
- A Song Of Living, Amelia Josephine Burr
- My Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- I Remember, Kelly Shanks
- Beautiful heaven, hasmukh amathalal
- Black Thursday, Barry Jablonski
- ... MY FIGHT FOR LIFE..., Ken e Hall
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Green Mountain, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)