'I didn't know'
Is what she says
'I'm so sorry'
I can't stand
To listen anymore
All I want to do
Is walk out the door
Her eyes search mine
Probably for some sign
That I accept
My gaze remains blank
I stare straight ahead
She is the reason
My brothers now dead.
She says they were driving
'A little drunk...'
'But not enough
For it to happen'
Her gaze drifts from mine
Tears pool in her eyes
'I swear I didn't mean...'
The tears slide down her cheeks
Her eyes look at the ground weakly
I want to comfort her
I really do
But I wouldn't know where to start
Or if I could find it in my heart to.
Kelsey Martinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consequences by Kelsey Martinson )
- I am turning, Aftab Alam
- The Creator is beyond, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Warmth (In Your Arms), Michael McParland
- That Old Man, Ananta Madhavan
- Awake and awake, gajanan mishra
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)