Even though it may seem as though it will consume you...
you must not allow it too.
if you do, it will corrupt your soul,
filling your heart with blackness.
until you are unable to leave,
as a myriad of emotions,
try to drag you down,
you must stay up.
above the hate,
above the rage,
above the discord,
and above the negativity.
fore if you do,
you will be faced with emotions,
you've never had before,
and your soul will be cleansed..
and your life will hold much more meaning,
as long as you do not allow it....
to consume you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consumption? by Jeryn Bean )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra