Even though it may seem as though it will consume you...
you must not allow it too.
if you do, it will corrupt your soul,
filling your heart with blackness.
until you are unable to leave,
as a myriad of emotions,
try to drag you down,
you must stay up.
above the hate,
above the rage,
above the discord,
and above the negativity.
fore if you do,
you will be faced with emotions,
you've never had before,
and your soul will be cleansed..
and your life will hold much more meaning,
as long as you do not allow it....
to consume you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consumption? by Jeryn Bean )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- A Blast of His Breath, Francie Lynch
- Disposition, Adriana Avila
- Leaving her, James Jarrett
- Asleep, Luo Zhihai
- Pickled with fate and time, Aftab Alam
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid