John F. McCullagh
There is a bankrupt government
Down in Washington D.C
A petty despot is presiding
from sea to shining sea.
The Senate is dysfunctional
The House perhaps is worse-
Obsessed with banning sex acts
That they hadn't thought of first.
They furloughed the non- essentials-
Eight hundred thousand out the door.
Had they looked around the chamber
They could find five hundred more!
They’ll be no negotiations
As they fight over the purse
We’ll pay fines or buy insurance
Affordable care-my ass.
A President elected
Largely based upon his skin
Will be followed by a woman
With more baggage than an INN
A bigger group of hypocrites
I hope never to see
Than this Congress full of Baboons
Posturing on T.V.
John F. McCullagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Continuing Resolutely by John F. McCullagh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Morning, Victor Cruickshank
- unforgettable circumstance!, Steve Jackson
- A song lyric on a soft sorrow!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Leaving You, John deVries
- Bednight, Victor Cruickshank
- Utterly Lovely, John deVries
- Time and Man, Victor Cruickshank
- Pond in Winter, Frank Avon
- This Poem Is Written From The Silence Of.., Shalom Freedman
- Pepsi, Victor Cruickshank