Jumping up at the first gleam of something bright,
You say those eyes are your world today.
Now you're starring back shaking your head,
Saying those eyes never meant a thing.
Contradictions can break your soul,
Just as quick as the gleam you once saw,
Now you are saying those eyes have you hooked like never before,
But it's all lies.
She had read right through,
Right through your heart from the start.
Now you are a fool,
You are a fool for believing you could ever play her,
Ohh she's smarter then you'll ever give her credit for,
So open your eyes and realize your lies,
They just are not worth the time of day.
Casandra Vice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Contradiction. by Casandra Vice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable
- In born, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Good lien, hasmukh amathalal
- Darkness Surrounds, Shalom Freedman
- Sonnet # 510, Luis Estable
- Paryusana…festival on card, hasmukh amathalal
- A Kind Exit, Mae AC.