If I lose control,
I lose a piece of me,
I lose my sanity,
I lose my mind.
Then what is left,
A heart without control it will give in,
I need to know what to expect,
Know how to prepare.
If I don't have control,
I have nothing left,
Nothing to try for,
With out control I have nothing.
With nothing I become nothing,
And nothing I shall remain,
Control is what I need,
To live, breath, or even have a life.
How can one control his life,
The outcomes he encounters,
How can he control the people around him,
Is it even possible.
But what is possible,
To control ones life,
The people in it, I need some control,
Know what to expect,
Know what ot watch for,
Can't I trust, can't I have promises kept,
And have words stuck to.
Sam S.Slait's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Control 2 by Sam S.Slait )
- Keep feet, hasmukh amathalal
- What Will It Take?, Kathryn Tyler King
- 12 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- The component of value, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 6 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October Clouds, Michelle Claus
- 24 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 21 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 19 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 15 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)