If I lose control,
I lose a piece of me,
I lose my sanity,
I lose my mind.
Then what is left,
A heart without control it will give in,
I need to know what to expect,
Know how to prepare.
If I don't have control,
I have nothing left,
Nothing to try for,
With out control I have nothing.
With nothing I become nothing,
And nothing I shall remain,
Control is what I need,
To live, breath, or even have a life.
How can one control his life,
The outcomes he encounters,
How can he control the people around him,
Is it even possible.
But what is possible,
To control ones life,
The people in it, I need some control,
Know what to expect,
Know what ot watch for,
Can't I trust, can't I have promises kept,
And have words stuck to.
Sam S.Slait's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Control 2 by Sam S.Slait )
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)