I sit and I hear them,
I see them,
But they sound the same,
They look the same.
I sit and I think about them,
Coppies of the same person,
All the same walk,
They're all naive, all ignorant bastards!
I sit and I notice everything,
I notice the sounds,
And I notice the birds,
I notice the screaming of the city,
I notice the blindness of THEM.
I sit and wonder,
When will they see themselves,
In the mirror of the other's faces,
When will they tear eachother into pieces,
When will they remove their fake masks? !
I sit and I see the world,
I see it for what it is,
A great black pit,
Filled with people,
Who are filled with shit!
Oh, when will the great castrophony end,
Mm, when it does the sky's shall cry,
The mountains shall erupt with inevitable anger,
When this happens there will be fire! And then...
I sit and I wait,
For that fire to consume the Earth,
I wait for individuality to explode,
I wait for this firery Hell to engulf their minds,
I wait for their sameness to become different!
I sit and writhe in my own skin,
My heart screaming,
I can't live as one of them,
I shall not live that way,
I would rather slit my own damn throat!
I sit and I crawl in my skin,
As if the agony of America were my own,
And still they remain the same,
I scream, I cut, I rip at their minds,
And they remain the same!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Coppies by Bethany Maxwell )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #16, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #15, Ronjoy Brahma
- Divine stage, hasmukh amathalal
- Normal, Foster Teegarden
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #14, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #13, Ronjoy Brahma
- Duty, Obligation, love-optional, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Need not stuff, hasmukh amathalal
- Lonely Hearts, Sandra Feldman
- Strikethrough, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)