Dog goD 8Hate
Oh yes, Coraopolis ... curious old town,
once wore a fine suit ... white shirt ...
tie, it was all so ... 'suitable'.... Well ...
that was until assumed harmonies
played on irony's farcical flute
and a tune too distant a key.
Appeased men once walked those now ...
worn ... threatened ... grieving old roads ...
it's a castigating view ...
they punish ... a sensible
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Coraopolis by Dog goD 8Hate )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The resting place, Emmanuel George Cefai
- History writes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Bihar of The Third-class People (Not All.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A chapel dilapidated, Emmanuel George Cefai
- And bell and a cock, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Notepad of joy, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There appeared A child, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Worst Fellows As Politicians In Biha.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bells were ringing, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The cocks crowing, Emmanuel George Cefai