Corrupted by innocence
Where purity ends, corrosion begins.
Ask me tomorrow about my lack of sins.
Naivety only gets you so far, relying on your innocence leaves you broken and scarred.
Insistence of understanding, just stories from the past,
amount to nothing but a broken piece of a shaded window ready to further splinter and crack.
“Everyone feels this way at your age, or at some point.”
Leave me alone, I don’t want to hear it, go light a joint.
Entertain corruption, how many ways does the human body bend.
Don’t hold back, it’s time to become unattached.
Disconnect from emotion, there’s no such thing as sin.
Time to let lose inhibition and embrace the evil within.
Corrupted by innocence, welcomed by sin, time for the fun to begin.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Corrupted by innocence by Annie Moffitt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Bay Bridge - Reflections on Yesterday, Nathaniel Dean James
- PONDERING, Satish Verma
- Smrt, Tanja Bulovic
- The March Of Mortality, Edgar Albert Guest
- At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Fishing Nooks, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Day Of Days, Edgar Albert Guest
- Manhood's Greeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Few, Edgar Albert Guest
- Improvement, Edgar Albert Guest