Corrupted by innocence
Where purity ends, corrosion begins.
Ask me tomorrow about my lack of sins.
Naivety only gets you so far, relying on your innocence leaves you broken and scarred.
Insistence of understanding, just stories from the past,
amount to nothing but a broken piece of a shaded window ready to further splinter and crack.
“Everyone feels this way at your age, or at some point.”
Leave me alone, I don’t want to hear it, go light a joint.
Entertain corruption, how many ways does the human body bend.
Don’t hold back, it’s time to become unattached.
Disconnect from emotion, there’s no such thing as sin.
Time to let lose inhibition and embrace the evil within.
Corrupted by innocence, welcomed by sin, time for the fun to begin.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Corrupted by innocence by Annie Moffitt )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
- Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Only One Forever, Michael P. McParland
- One More Chance, Michael P. McParland
- One In A Million, Michael P. McParland
- Oh Praise And Rejoice, Michael P. McParland
- Oh If......., Michael P. McParland
- True Art, Michael P. McParland
- Yuletide Double Dactyl, Harley White
- Sleigh Ride, Angela Wybrow
- Two Lost Souls, Michael P. McParland
- Understanding Is The Key 2, Michael P. McParland