Which is worse?
I don't know.
Sleep for twenty-three days
Or be awake for them all?
Afraid to close my eyes,
For the visions might creep,
Into my subconscious,
That is where I'm weak.
Scared to stay awake,
My reality becomes distorted.
I walk around in a haze,
Like a half-life among the corpses.
Day seven is here,
But still no sleep.
Is anyone there?
I need some help, please.
If you want something fun to do,
You can start this way,
Check on me in sixteen more days
And see if I'm still sane.
Leigh Ladd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Counting Sheep by Leigh Ladd )
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twenty Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns