Stars in the sky
I started counting
Lying down on
In my eyes
The large building
And the big tree
And the passing clouds
Obscured my view.
In my mind
How many stars lie
Behind those I counted?
And all those on
Other side of earth?
Can I choose
A clear night?
Can I count for days
Without losing count?
Counting looked clearly
An impossible task.
I saw in the sky
In celestial setting
Of milky way
Of northern star
Counting in the night
A breathtaking ride.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Counting Stars by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Shadows of the dead., SAK Reddy
- A Fool Hides, Matthew Petranovich
- December 2014, Serenity Anderson
- On the outside looking In, Angell Afinowi
- Totally Connected, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Caged Bird, SAK Reddy
- A Deafness Too Excessive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Generals Of War., Tony Adah
- Advice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Out Of Hearing Distance, Lawrence S. Pertillar