A man on the radio
I do not know,
but perhaps - with the people.
Let the man talk,
isn't that what he's paid for!
'The power of the state
and state authority
stand by ready
to guard your interests.
Down with slogans!
Drop your banners!
A man in the coffee-shop
spits in disgust,
treads the gob firmly
into the dust,
looks around, says with a prudent nod:
'They think can trick us,
the sons of bitches!
But has God written
in Holy Sculpture -
'The voice of the people is the voice of God?''
said a hungry
'Wasn't that the lie
they told you then
in nineteen hundred
if they ask us to die,
if they force us to face
even fools will agree
that it's high time
had our say.
'And here's my belief,
for our bread
is blacker than grief,
and the oil jar
We've only one slogan -
Down with the terror!
Ally with the U.S.S.R.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Country Chronicle by Nikola Vaptsarov )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
- (Adi Sankara) 07 Sankara's works, Rajaram Ramachandran
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Manw..?, Swrji Basumatary
- She Came to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer
- For violating state law, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- De optelsom van al het Kwaad, Madrason writer
- Summer, Jordy lustig