Treading the road that narrows
into grey and green infinity,
while listening to a sparrow
Chirping above in the vicinity,
my contact with nature begins.
Here I put my troubles aside
in the delights of a countryside,
a paradise-like landscape
and quietly view the moonscape.
My thoughts are in wander
just like I’ve wandered the world.
I was born here - I’m thinking – and
would like to count my final days
by playing a piano and reminisce
my life with a nocturnal audience.
Lauwo George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Countryside by Lauwo George )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali
- Life means, Somanathan Iyer
- Just for vegan, SALINI NAIR
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland
- Drifting Hell, Michael McParland