Treading the road that narrows
into grey and green infinity,
while listening to a sparrow
Chirping above in the vicinity,
my contact with nature begins.
Here I put my troubles aside
in the delights of a countryside,
a paradise-like landscape
and quietly view the moonscape.
My thoughts are in wander
just like I’ve wandered the world.
I was born here - I’m thinking – and
would like to count my final days
by playing a piano and reminisce
my life with a nocturnal audience.
Lauwo George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Countryside by Lauwo George )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- বিবেকের দংশন, Amitava Sur
- ., John Daniel Thieme
- Who is my Assassin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- World is my mother, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Be Positive, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Night Within, tolu ogundare
- Unfulfilled Dream, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Will of God, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Scare crow, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Legacies; Mothers And Daughters; Sewing, Karen Swenson