Treading the road that narrows
into grey and green infinity,
while listening to a sparrow
Chirping above in the vicinity,
my contact with nature begins.
Here I put my troubles aside
in the delights of a countryside,
a paradise-like landscape
and quietly view the moonscape.
My thoughts are in wander
just like I’ve wandered the world.
I was born here - I’m thinking – and
would like to count my final days
by playing a piano and reminisce
my life with a nocturnal audience.
Lauwo George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Countryside by Lauwo George )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Do You Think? (Are You Only Gifted & Tal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bereaved, Susmit Panda
- True love, Einar Johan Wetaas
- Incredible Semi-final of 2014 FIFA World.., rajendran muthiah
- Roller Coaster, Jeffrey Lee
- A Late Night Dream, Jeffrey Lee
- Leaving The Campus, Think of I Taking To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom