She denied the observations
She denied her every thought,
Because the things that she was thinking
Were the things that she ought not.
Her smile fell, The coward spoke
With fiendish words so cruel
Her penurious heart had drained the life
From the girl's body, mind and soul.
Here lies the poor girls body;
Though she isn't gone just yet
She needs the help someone whom
She hasn't met just yet.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cowardace Bullies by Sierra Staten )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
Poem of the Day
- Miss Legs, Dorsey Baker
- A Lesson to Fur and Leather Entertainers, rohan bendre
- Love Is Here To Stay, Dorsey Baker
- Mother's helplessness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Lesson of Patriotism, rohan bendre
- Pen-and-Ink, hafiz qasim
- Destroyer and Preserver, hafiz qasim
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..