Crap, I Can't Sleep
Crap, I haven't slept for a minute all night.
It is now exactly 8 minutes before my dreaded alarm clock rings,
And I've yet to dream of flying and other wonderful things.
How terrible it is that tomorrow is the first day of routine,
To which I must enter through the doors just longing for some sleep.
Bags will undoubtedly be resting beneath my eyes.
People will ask, 'Are you sick? What's wrong? Are you dying? '
What's sad is that I won't even answer for I'll be too put out.
Stumbling about like I'm just learning to walk.
Tomorrow just had to be so important, maybe it's the nerves?
Is that why I'm awake?
Why do I feel as if I have just slept for hours, yet I haven't slept a wink...
Nothing makes sense, I feel so tiredly awake.
And I'm hearing things. And seeing things.
This is quite awful.
If there are any ways to reverse time and fall asleep for awhile, please give me a ring.
TheSilent Loudness's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crap, I Can't Sleep by TheSilent Loudness )
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Isil: Our Planet needs Peace, Rachel Nichols
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
- IMPROBABLE ME, Terry O'Leary
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)