Crap, I Can't Sleep
Crap, I haven't slept for a minute all night.
It is now exactly 8 minutes before my dreaded alarm clock rings,
And I've yet to dream of flying and other wonderful things.
How terrible it is that tomorrow is the first day of routine,
To which I must enter through the doors just longing for some sleep.
Bags will undoubtedly be resting beneath my eyes.
People will ask, 'Are you sick? What's wrong? Are you dying? '
What's sad is that I won't even answer for I'll be too put out.
Stumbling about like I'm just learning to walk.
Tomorrow just had to be so important, maybe it's the nerves?
Is that why I'm awake?
Why do I feel as if I have just slept for hours, yet I haven't slept a wink...
Nothing makes sense, I feel so tiredly awake.
And I'm hearing things. And seeing things.
This is quite awful.
If there are any ways to reverse time and fall asleep for awhile, please give me a ring.
TheSilent Loudness's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crap, I Can't Sleep by TheSilent Loudness )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem
- The Making of Me: Tune Me Up, Niealie Petit
- Show Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Time Is Of Love, Naveed Akram
- The Wings Of Time, Noah Body
- Passing By The Pond, Tony Adah
- Ode to Now, David Whalen
- The Girl and her Dragon, Kevin Maroney
- What is Life, Andrea Cortesi