Creatures of the Underworld
From what deliverance brings you abound?
Bringer of sorrow, Lender of Pains?
Possibly the Warden with shackles and chains.
Your Evil Deed!
Mercy to who's soil you plant your seed.
Be brave comrades!
Prepare the high walls of your fortress,
for your protective covers this wretched beast plans to undress,
to disrupt your the wonders of rejuvenating rest.
Crawling along, crawling along
slyly, like the snake in the garden.
Alive in the night
Deceiving the young and callow
to drown in the shallow;
To die and rot
Obscure what you've always sought.
In who alive is the demon?
To be perceived, by our naked eyes,
it must obtain its human tool,
just a body to be its stool,
to support its act,
so these agonies can be heard and seen.
From darkened realms,
nourished by malevolence,
someday you surely should enlist,
to bear the garments of the masochist.
Rafael Cazares's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Creatures of the Underworld by Rafael Cazares )
- Hurricane, Ahmed Tawfik
- Mirrors, Arno Le Roux
- The words we leave unsaid, Chris Zachariou
- Called To The Place Of Dry, Arno Le Roux
- Futurism Today, Peter Jay Shippy
- Soul, Peter Jay Shippy
- Shadow of Death, Tosin Abegunde
- Graceful ghost rag, Peter Jay Shippy
- The State-Progress Of Ill, Lord Edward Herbert of Cherb ..
- On the perilous effects of buried alien .., Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)