My poor heart didn't realize,
My brain was so quick to deceive,
Curious feet jumped in love side by side,
At my age, so naive.
Really? ? It didn't matter,
If my heart broke clean in two?
My memory proclaimed heartbreak wasn't that bad,
Now it's changed its point of view.
I remembered loss as a tiny sting,
A little bump to my ego,
A heartache I had in my twenties,
With a boyfriend I had outgrown.
Oh boy I would have listened,
If my instincts shouted NO!
But they didn't because they were in on it,
They too wanted to know…
If my heart really knew what love was,
Had I stared devotion in the face?
Had I really merged with another,
With a commitment time can't erase?
And now we all know the answers,
Thanks a lot you guys!
He's gone and my heart has turned ice cold,
Its centre runs hard and dry.
I have suffered the loss of my one true mate,
A mirrored, beating heart,
At least in the past my heart kind of felt whole,
Unaware it was only half.
Although ignorant bliss has been taken from me,
All protection has been stripped,
The lesson has made me feel quite grown up,
But curiousity my friend, is a bitch!
Ruby Honeytip's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Curiousity Kills by Ruby Honeytip )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv