Who has saved my life
On more than one occasion.
What's loving, but not obsessive?
What's mighty, but not agressive?
A riddle in two sentences
Always gets past my defenses.
You, my darling, only you,
Can turn our heads and bend our minds
And mold us into something new.
When uttered, my words are stale,
When written, the ink seems pale.
But when they truly come from thought
Then never shall my sweet words rot.
Whenever you have led me astray,
Never have you pushed me away,
But rather, with loving tenderness,
Brought me back to safely stay.
Oh, your goodness abounds!
From your sweetened smile,
To your heartfelt sounds.
God bless you, every day,
And I'll bless you, all the same
With my love, and with my care.
I promise cutie, I'll be there,
As long as I hold onto life,
In sadness, goodness, and in strife.
There's never been someone I knew,
Who's purer than the whitest dove,
Except for you, cutie, except for you.
Sometimes I am foolish
And sometimes I forget
And sometimes I am selfish,
Cruel, unforgiving, and stupid.
But you're still there, and
For that, I love you.
For that, I need you.
I love you surely as a friend,
I love you surely till the end.
I never wanna let you go,
I guess, because I love you so.
It's difficult for you and me,
But we'll make it, and you'll see
That all I need
Is for you to love me,
Leon Agnew's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cutie by Leon Agnew )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- WATER MUSIC, I. _ ['Musiche sull'Acqua'.., Fabrizio Frosini
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Communicating the Bird, Robert Ronnow
- Chinese Sonnets, Robert Ronnow
- Caterpillar fur, Robert Ronnow
- The One I Adore, Michael P. McParland
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid