Dad's Birthday Poem
A dad like you is hard to find
Not that I've searched for another
I'm perfectly content with the one I have
I can't imagine a different father.
The Lord must love me so very much
To have chosen you to be my dad
I'm sure He looked the universe over
Then decided, 'This is the one she will have.'
You are the dad just right for me
I can't imagine anyone but you
Sharing ups, downs, laughter and tears
And the silly things we do.
Thanks for always being there
You are my super Dad!
A one-in-a-million, never before
The greatest to be had.
And so on this, your birthday,
Let me tell you once again
How blessed I am that you're my dad
Whose become even more - my friend.
gail godin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dad's Birthday Poem by gail godin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Little Stick Figures, Margaret Alice Second
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc