Dad's Tung Blossoms
(To enjoy the music for this poem, please see the poet's profile for the website.)
>>>Up the hill, the Tung blossoms of this year are awake,
Above the green ocean, flying their white snowflakes.
Up dad's head hill, some of them just cannot wait
To quietly spread their snowflakes in the black night that's not really late.
Dad takes us up to the hill's peaceful lake
To feel those gentle flakes the breezes gently make.
And, he says that just like the Tung blossoms in May,
The bloom of youth brightens the whole life hill, on those adventure days.
Up the hill, the Tung blossoms of this year have gone away.
No more white flakes flying above the green ocean or lake.
But, those on my dear dad's head hill are still awake.
Oh, why are they keeping awake in that black night that's not really late?
-from GOD BLESS NOT ONLY AMERICA
You may check Gordon's biography for the symphony for this poem.
阿 爸 的 油 桐 花
對 面 山 坡 頂
今 年 油 桐 花 開 了
綠 色 海 洋
飄 起 白 色 的 雪 花
阿 爸 的 頭 頂
嘛 有 油 桐 花 開 了
黑 色 暗 暝
嘛 惦 惦 開 出 白 雪 花
阿 爸 帶 著 阮
來 到 山 坡 邊
風 微 微 雪 花 滴
阿 爸 講 青 春
親 像 油 桐 花
五 月 時 滿 山 飛
對 面 山 坡 頂
今 年 油 桐 花 謝 了
綠 色 海 洋
不 再 浮 著 白 雪 花
我 親 愛 的 阿 爸
你 頭 頂 那 些 油 桐 花
那 些 油 桐 花
哪 會 攏 沒 欲 謝
Gordon Tseng's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dad's Tung Blossoms by Gordon Tseng )
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns