Our kind is cursed to realize not,
What once was had until its gone.
Our people would know not
what is needed until all is lost.
We bet it all on a game of cards,
Our living, breathing, pawns.
All to unconsciously please a Ram,
Our desire as sharp as its horns.
We play dice, with devotion,
Ever ready to gamble away
Honour for ambition.
Seeking to reign we often forget
The love that had once
Saved us from perdition.
We journey across great valleys, dark,
On damned expeditions.
Only to find ourselves half way through
With the image in the looking glass
We will know not what sustains us
Until all the worlds food is fed.
We will know not how we are quenched
Until all red rivers are dried to dead.
We will persist through day and night,
Through fire and snow we will tread.
For supposed honour we will tear all down
Unceasing, till the last heavy breath.
Abhilaasha Singh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Damnation by Abhilaasha Singh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...
- One Day I Shall Not Remain Here, But My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yes, I am a man, gajanan mishra
- Journey, Evageline Echo
- I Call Myself A Good Man, But I Am Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- She needs you to buy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Thinking the four as young, known and ac.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love Is What You Need, B.. Alexander