Dancing In The Dark
Sitting here listening to
songs of forty years ago
when I was young
and used to visit the local dance halls,
and the fun we had in the park
where we went to go
dancing in the dark
The dance halls have gone now,
first to discos and then to nightclubs.
The youth today miss out
on all the fun we had.
Now we are older
I still hark back to yesterday.
So tonight, we’ll go out
and go dancing in the dark.
7 February 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dancing In The Dark by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mbase nuk e dinte…, skender iljaz braka
- Prej njerëzores dua të digjem, skender iljaz braka
- Ominous Silence, Valsa George
- Contemporary Indian English Poetesses, S.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 11बा गोथौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- When My Obedience Is Fulfilled, Rex mayor Ubini
- My Gown Of Dust, Rex mayor Ubini
- Dear God, Tara Stano
- Importance Of Nothing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- falling dead, Afrodita Alkline