Dancing With Angels
Many times, I have walked near the sea;
looked at the incoming white crested waves,
dreamed of the times you walked with me.
When we promised our love would last forever,
then the years came and took you away,
to another’s arms you did stray..
Now I watch the sea on my own,
and wish you were at my side,
but knowing that could never be,
for your dancing with angels now.
There were so many things
that somehow were left unsaid,
things that are no loner important now,
so why do I remember them?
Why do they haunt me constantly?
The questions have no answers now,
but every now and then I catch a glimpse of you,
from the corner of my eye,
dancing with angels along the beach,
but when I turn you are gone like a lost dream.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dancing With Angels by David Harris )
- Valley of an autumn's night, Raluca Mitra
- The stars that touch a rose is the star.., Raymond Sawyer
- *Halloween Stroll, Alice Vedral Rivera
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Oil In White Robe, Okoemu Barnabas
- I Could Have Loved You, Sandra Feldman
- I Don't Feel Like A Poet Today, Buxton Shippy
- A weirdo, Amgad Samy
- an act, Billie Lynn Minear
- engulfed in your flesh, Billie Lynn Minear
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
(1 February 1927)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)