Dancing With Angels
Many times, I have walked near the sea;
looked at the incoming white crested waves,
dreamed of the times you walked with me.
When we promised our love would last forever,
then the years came and took you away,
to another’s arms you did stray..
Now I watch the sea on my own,
and wish you were at my side,
but knowing that could never be,
for your dancing with angels now.
There were so many things
that somehow were left unsaid,
things that are no loner important now,
so why do I remember them?
Why do they haunt me constantly?
The questions have no answers now,
but every now and then I catch a glimpse of you,
from the corner of my eye,
dancing with angels along the beach,
but when I turn you are gone like a lost dream.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dancing With Angels by David Harris )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 August 1896 - 9 March 1947)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Unwanted, Michael P. McParland
- Wandering Wasteland, Michael P. McParland
- Midnight Poem, Is It Poetry
- Why Am I? ....., Michael P. McParland
- Your Hate, Michael P. McParland
- Lump, Michael P. McParland
- Retrace, Sunny Chopra
- Diversity-in-Unity*, Tushar Ray
- Nobody Home - 2. Passive Voice, Joseph Archer
- a written poem, animesh sapkota