Dancing With Angels
Many times, I have walked near the sea;
looked at the incoming white crested waves,
dreamed of the times you walked with me.
When we promised our love would last forever,
then the years came and took you away,
to another’s arms you did stray..
Now I watch the sea on my own,
and wish you were at my side,
but knowing that could never be,
for your dancing with angels now.
There were so many things
that somehow were left unsaid,
things that are no loner important now,
so why do I remember them?
Why do they haunt me constantly?
The questions have no answers now,
but every now and then I catch a glimpse of you,
from the corner of my eye,
dancing with angels along the beach,
but when I turn you are gone like a lost dream.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dancing With Angels by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata