The dark emotions that we feel.
All that we know.
Are only pieces in a puzzle that we have yet to understand.
There is a darkness in each of us,
Whether it be hate or joy.
The darkness in each of us is hiding always.
Sometimes it should show through,
But its hard to know when to show it.
Let no one tell you when to show it,
But show it when you need to.
This darkness keeps getting harder and harder to fight,
It tends to engulfs others.
You must not push to explore it,
But to explore it is to understand it.
Let it teach you at its own pace,
Do not let yourself learn it quickly.
Let the feelings come out,
And let yourself learn from this.
The darkness is deeper then what you think.
philip teed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Emotions by philip teed )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Abhangs (A Short Collection), Sant Tukaram
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...