Everyone is doing great,
Everyone, but me is happy,
Why is it that only I seem to hate?
The sky is so cheerful,
The sun is so bright,
Why is it so dark only at night?
Children dance and sing,
Women sit in the park,
I see so many smiles,
I see the light in everyone else's eyes,
Though, I'm drowning in my own lies.
I say I'm fine,
Whenever you ask,
I smile, yet, am hateful in my mind,
In my own self pity I bask.
I act so very fake,
I am so very dark,
I live in the confusion only I make,
I envy the happiness in that park.
With myself I fight,
Though, each and everyday,
I become darker,
Just like that dark, dark night.
Hope Ramone's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Night by Hope Ramone )
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath