Everyone is doing great,
Everyone, but me is happy,
Why is it that only I seem to hate?
The sky is so cheerful,
The sun is so bright,
Why is it so dark only at night?
Children dance and sing,
Women sit in the park,
I see so many smiles,
I see the light in everyone else's eyes,
Though, I'm drowning in my own lies.
I say I'm fine,
Whenever you ask,
I smile, yet, am hateful in my mind,
In my own self pity I bask.
I act so very fake,
I am so very dark,
I live in the confusion only I make,
I envy the happiness in that park.
With myself I fight,
Though, each and everyday,
I become darker,
Just like that dark, dark night.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Night by Hope Ramone )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Make Your Own Path (Secret Message), Ronald Chapman
- Cognizance, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Dark Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- My Brook, Helen Hay Whitney
- Expectancy, Terrance Tracy
- deaith, Ewa Busayourmi
- Boy O' Dreams, Helen Hay Whitney
- Does the Pearl Know?, Helen Hay Whitney
- Sigh Not for Love, Helen Hay Whitney
- A Woman's Pride, Helen Hay Whitney