Darkness and Fool Clown Lips
absurdity showers from fool clown lips,
words falter and fall.
conceptualisations forced into vocal range
bombard my senses, yet
all I can see is this darkness.
this darkness which troubles me,
permeates the space between
each synapse of my brain,
so that even the firing of
each individual electron
does not illuminate its consuming mass.
my view flickers within this void,
this space between spaces, and
i feel myself layered over it,
entwined within it, flotsam
upon a sea of brilliant darkness
drifting beneath a pure black sky.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness and Fool Clown Lips by Christopher Withers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Of One Thing, Edward Kofi Louis
- Instagram'd, Michael Mira
- Suzette, Edward Kofi Louis
- Magdalene, Chromium Blues
- White Butterfly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Victim, Teedy Dawn
- House, mouse!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Sudibyo, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Sound Advice, Edward Kofi Louis
- A WOMAN OF NO FREEDOM FOR CONSCIENCE, alexander opicho