Darkness Reigns Supreme
The darkness reigns supreme
The light just can't defeat
The dark that's there always.
Of that dark there is no retreat.
Like a veil it shadows my world,
Covering all in shadows so black,
So deep that no light touches there.
It lies there ever ready to attack
Deep and black, no words can describe
The depth of the dark, the cruelty that's there.
Language fails me, I just cannot tell
How evil it is nor how your soul is laid bare.
Because soul sucking it is.
It sucks the life right out
Of your soul and leaves it all
In severe pain I have no doubt.
I've felt it out there
And I've felt it within.
It's made me feel that
My life's naught but a sin.
It has pressed me down,
It has made me retreat
From all that is life
And that's quite a feat.
Hateful, it destroys my life.
Hungry, it eats away at my soul.
Spiteful, it hates all that is good.
Ravenous, it devours life whole.
The darkness reigns supreme.
Relentless, it's never ending,
Because it never let's up.
My soul's just not mending.
Noah Body's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Darkness Reigns Supreme by Noah Body )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wet touch, binod bastola
- Cutting Tea In Rainy Stall Of Lonavala!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Report Again, Margaret Alice Second
- ...as mine, Marites C. Cayetano
- The Old Men Do Not Fear, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Old Soldiers' Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Poets Were Hunted, Bulat Okudzhava
- Sister Of Mine, Bulat Okudzhava
- There's The Special Music, Bulat Okudzhava
- They Killed My Father, Bulat Okudzhava