Come sit under My Young Fig Tree, this is where We can talk.
Yes, I walk on water, but I still have to walk.
I sent Samuel to anoint David as King,
At the pool of Gibeon, that started the whole thing.
Poems We will tell in the peace and shade of MY Tree.
Stories of Willows by the clear stream or of Calfs, of carved ivory.
As the Leopardess creeps upon its prey, to kill unseen,
So will this shepard boy, soon become your King.
My Name is David, I am the King of Israel.
I killed a Giant when I was twelve.
It wasn't a fair fight, I had a' Magic Stone',
No-one knew, until after it was thrown.
After that An Outlaw, no longer a shepard boy,
Lived in fear for ten year, My only safety was Troy.
An Outlaw with nowhere to call my home
Two years later, I took the 'Kings Throne'.
Samuel met Me at Gibeon, said it was' Gods Way.'
He said to anoint Me and that I would soon have my day.
There was plenty of trouble, it was all around.
King Saul hated me, after I took that Golden Crown.
We have Old Friends in Melita, on the North Shore,
They are excellent Ironsmiths, We can always use a few more.
We will go to Hebron, Way up in the sky.
We will train Our Men for Battle, with My Sons and I.
We will need material for Gods 'Special Tent'
We will know soon what, instructions will be 'Heaven Sent'
Use the 'Istar Gate', its the only way through
Here is the'Seal of Shema', this will help too.
The Death Stork is near, calling His 'Siren Song',
Do Not Answer, Death will soon be along.
So wear Your'Death Robe', paint Your face Black and Blue,
When Death does arrive,
He won't find Me or You...
NikiAlex Zander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (David by NikiAlex Zander )
- Haiku(GOD), Aftab Alam
- chaos of Christmas near, lee fones
- The earth is moving, gajanan mishra
- ONLY YOU JESUS ONLY YOU, Michael P. Johnson
- GOD! WATCHING, TESTING, Michael P. Johnson
- GOD'S TRUTH STANDING, Michael P. Johnson
- play on words, lee fones
- Can we ever love?, Nathaniel Bassey
- Nothing Good, Edwin Cordero
- This Prayer I Pray, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Racism Haiku - Ice Cream, john tiong chunghoo
- Blah Blah Blank Blank, vincent armone
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)