Come sit under My Young Fig Tree, this is where We can talk.
Yes, I walk on water, but I still have to walk.
I sent Samuel to anoint David as King,
At the pool of Gibeon, that started the whole thing.
Poems We will tell in the peace and shade of MY Tree.
Stories of Willows by the clear stream or of Calfs, of carved ivory.
As the Leopardess creeps upon its prey, to kill unseen,
So will this shepard boy, soon become your King.
My Name is David, I am the King of Israel.
I killed a Giant when I was twelve.
It wasn't a fair fight, I had a' Magic Stone',
No-one knew, until after it was thrown.
After that An Outlaw, no longer a shepard boy,
Lived in fear for ten year, My only safety was Troy.
An Outlaw with nowhere to call my home
Two years later, I took the 'Kings Throne'.
Samuel met Me at Gibeon, said it was' Gods Way.'
He said to anoint Me and that I would soon have my day.
There was plenty of trouble, it was all around.
King Saul hated me, after I took that Golden Crown.
We have Old Friends in Melita, on the North Shore,
They are excellent Ironsmiths, We can always use a few more.
We will go to Hebron, Way up in the sky.
We will train Our Men for Battle, with My Sons and I.
We will need material for Gods 'Special Tent'
We will know soon what, instructions will be 'Heaven Sent'
Use the 'Istar Gate', its the only way through
Here is the'Seal of Shema', this will help too.
The Death Stork is near, calling His 'Siren Song',
Do Not Answer, Death will soon be along.
So wear Your'Death Robe', paint Your face Black and Blue,
When Death does arrive,
He won't find Me or You...
NikiAlex Zander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (David by NikiAlex Zander )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Loneliness Is An Option, Michael P. McParland
- Little Sexy Princess, Michael P. McParland
- You Are As It Is, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Yore Inn, Kim Barney
- Life Is Worth Living, Michael P. McParland
- Lay Down With Me, Michael P. McParland
- University, Birat Anupam
- Later Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- It's Your Fault, Hank, Kim Barney
- No Dime, olaitan mahmud