Warren Falcon (04/23/52 - xxxx / Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA)
David To Jonathan, A Lost Psalm Recovered, Recent Translation, circa 1978
'And it came to pass...that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul...Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.'
- 1 Samuel 18: 1 - 4 King James Bible
The Lost Psalm
Abjuring flesh of necessity,
this, my peace, is false.
This ancient tonguing
betrays some fault
disdaining the human world -
which occurred first,
the birthing or the wounding?
the music woos,
swells me up.
It is my sleek, bleak hour
remembering Bathsheba's girth.
There is some mirth in remembering her,
those skirts and veils like a cadence of sweet cakes
but knowing your ungirt, perspiring embrace
so near to the Lord's tent,
makes the sin sweeter
for sweet is the intent
to only love
for now it is
the building up,
the engulfing in flame,
unconsumed in a hardness of
flesh against the hardness of belief,
no relief of vision's ken within himself
or fire but in arms and legs thrashing
out creeds to live by.
Poet Other Poems
- 3 AM Kingfisher Sonata
- A Grief Earned - An Ode Beginning & Endi...
- A Gypsy Cab Author Caught In A Texas Mi...
- A Poem In Fragments Beginning With A Lin...
- A Shabbos Poem Beginning With A Line Fro...
- Abandoned Train Station Near Grandmother...
- After Folly - An Aging Poet Addresses On...
- Alchemical Passes For Father and Son - T...
- Amir, Prince Of Treetops, Now Sleeps In ...
- 'And The Daylight Separated The Mad Boy ...
- Annunciation - for Cesar Vallejo
- Anunciación - para César Vallejo
- Archeology - What The Stele Says 'Upon T...
- Are You Hungry? A Poem For Departure
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.