Day Of Reckoning
Welcome to our day of reckoning,
As the demons roam and fly.
Look at the pandemonium,
The fire in the sky.
As your set aflame,
Does money even matter?
While houses fall around you,
And glass begins to shatter.
As the air is filled with smoke,
Do you smell the burning flesh?
The sinners and the innocent,
Everyones damned to death.
So sing a song of woe,
As angels shed a tear.
Tell the world goodbye,
The end is finally here.
Karissa Earley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Day Of Reckoning by Karissa Earley )
- Your Initiative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Kept Best, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ROUND AND ROUND, Peter LeBuhn
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)