A blooming bud converted to flower,
And the flower lived happily,
But soon died its power,
And it withered away rapidly..
But the people around felt good,
Because it was all they wanted,
As they did all in their power that would,
Kill that flower-they taunted..
The flower died one day,
And in dirt and filth it lay,
People showed pity but never felt it,
Reality of dead flower with time became a myth.
Srishti chaplot's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dead Flower by Srishti chaplot )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris
- Beyond The Desert, Tracee Olga
- Tumbleweed, Robert Kane
- The Motorcyclists, James Tate
- The Definition of Gardening, James Tate
- Escape, Sadiqullah Khan
- Dial the Number Zero, Pintu Mahakul
- The Cowboy, James Tate