Dead On Arrival
I am dead on arrival knowing I should have never been born
I am dead on arrival... lying still... sshh... as my hymen gets torn
I am dead on arrival so too was that life in me.
When I took those little poison pills & killed my baby instantly.
I am dead on arrival watching my dreams being crashed
Breaking my knuckles as I Watch these walls being smashed
I am dead on arrival picking the scabs on my fists.
I am dead on arrival enjoying my blood from my wrists.
I am dead on arrival as my dad chooses the bottle over me.
He teaches those lessons so well Why not drink the pain free?
I am dead on arrival watch me gorge this dirty food
Look at me run to the toilet to purge more than i Should.
I am dead on arrival knowing it could be so much worse.
But thoughts like those arouses my yearning for a herse.
I was placed on earth to fight for frivolous survival
And Life's a bitch so I'll wait for Death's arrival.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dead On Arrival by Melissa Nyman )
- How Can i Forget You, Akhtar Jawad
- The Music Of The Prayer, Shalom Freedman
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Art of Disappearing, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)