what is this relationship with a dead father
what are these offerings to a dead father
what is this for?
whom is it for?
a duty or a right what for?
what the son had to offer a needy LIVING father.....
no one knew....there was no witness
what the son has offered to a dead father....
every one knew....there was quite a crowd to witness
the last right was a perfect performance
a perfect performance and that's what it was
to pacify the soul of the dead father
a perfect performance...out of fear
the SON would continue to perform this every year....
out of FEAR
Samanyan Lakshminarayanan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (dead relationship by Samanyan Lakshminarayanan )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I shall love self, hasmukh amathalal
- Keep the thought free., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I remember, hasmukh amathalal
- On birthday some mend, hasmukh amathalal