Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
Deadening My Heart
My thinking is sinking,
My sinking disastrous,
But to you alone, the key to my rescue lies.
Bleeding my heart,
Is the rumination on you,
To cherish and to protect you,
I deem my duty.
But suddenly I have become lazy.
Suddenly sadness is in my heart.
What I should know but do not know,
My heart in desperation longs for.
Many guesstimations and legion uncertainties,
My heart has made an abode.
Tormenting my heart and killing my thought.
Embittering my world and saddening my life.
How hopeless and useless you keep me through these days,
How soft and stupid you turned my senses,
Never sleeping well, neither reading good.
All these but caused by an angel roaming in my heart,
Touching some parts with bitter pills, sweetening my heart for your sadomaniac soul.
You have deadened my heart!
Onwuasoanya FCC Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deadening My Heart by Onwuasoanya FCC Jones )
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)