Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
Deadening My Heart
My thinking is sinking,
My sinking disastrous,
But to you alone, the key to my rescue lies.
Bleeding my heart,
Is the rumination on you,
To cherish and to protect you,
I deem my duty.
But suddenly I have become lazy.
Suddenly sadness is in my heart.
What I should know but do not know,
My heart in desperation longs for.
Many guesstimations and legion uncertainties,
My heart has made an abode.
Tormenting my heart and killing my thought.
Embittering my world and saddening my life.
How hopeless and useless you keep me through these days,
How soft and stupid you turned my senses,
Never sleeping well, neither reading good.
All these but caused by an angel roaming in my heart,
Touching some parts with bitter pills, sweetening my heart for your sadomaniac soul.
You have deadened my heart!
Onwuasoanya FCC Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deadening My Heart by Onwuasoanya FCC Jones )
- My thoughts amid choas, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Am Alive, Akhtar Jawad
- O My Songs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Detester's haste, Hamisi Miriti
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi