Lawrence S. Pertillar
Dear Father In Heaven
The gifts I have been given,
Were to not keep to go unwrapped.
I had been taught that lesson,
Very early to escape being entrapped...
Within an ego to believe,
A selfish life to live...
Is not lived successfully.
And 'if' I just had a penny left in my pocket,
I should not for a moment hestitate to give it away.
Because those gifts I received,
Had for me a value more precious than gold!
'Dear Father in Heaven,
I am and will always be thankful for those gifts...
Only from YOU I have been given.
I can not express my appreciation more.
Is it possible the blessings You have upon me bestowed,
Include a tuna sandwich made with whole wheat bread?
Some mayo, lettuce and a couple of slices of tomato?
That's if YOU desire to have me keep my beliefs...
'Something' about my staying devoted to YOUR guidance,
Deserves a 'sign' I would find a little 'more' appetizing.
I aint trying to be greedy, but...
YOU know what's happening.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Father In Heaven by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley