Lawrence S. Pertillar
Dear Father In Heaven
The gifts I have been given,
Were to not keep to go unwrapped.
I had been taught that lesson,
Very early to escape being entrapped...
Within an ego to believe,
A selfish life to live...
Is not lived successfully.
And 'if' I just had a penny left in my pocket,
I should not for a moment hestitate to give it away.
Because those gifts I received,
Had for me a value more precious than gold!
'Dear Father in Heaven,
I am and will always be thankful for those gifts...
Only from YOU I have been given.
I can not express my appreciation more.
Is it possible the blessings You have upon me bestowed,
Include a tuna sandwich made with whole wheat bread?
Some mayo, lettuce and a couple of slices of tomato?
That's if YOU desire to have me keep my beliefs...
'Something' about my staying devoted to YOUR guidance,
Deserves a 'sign' I would find a little 'more' appetizing.
I aint trying to be greedy, but...
YOU know what's happening.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Father In Heaven by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Remembering J.K.2, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Pure world, gajanan mishra
- Destruction, Suresh Dogra
- CLOUDS, Orlando Belo
- The Masked Man, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Night Is Young, Katherine Nordhaus
- You are seen clearly (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Remembering J.K, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Courting!, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Men In My Lives, Sari Mavi
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)