Why am I this way?
Is it because I don’t listen to each and everything you say?
I know I should, but for some reason I always stray.
Just living life day by day, trying to find my own way
Day after day, night after night waiting for my life to take flight
I almost got it, I’m about to go
Still I don’t know which way to go
I talk to you when it’s bad
I write when I’m sad
I forget to look at the heavens when I’m real mad.
When I don’t get my way it gets to me
I feel pain and a lot of misery
It’s a mystery that’s what I say
But you’re the one who knows my way.
You know where I will be in life.
I’m just here trying to enjoy the flight.
TYLATREECE COLBERT's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear God by TYLATREECE COLBERT )
- Nature's Sanctuary, Khairul Ahsan
- Gray Tears, herbert guitang
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.49, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.48, Monk E. Biz
- Pysch essay 1, imani halley
- Recollections, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.47, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.46, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.45, Monk E. Biz
- A Poets View Of Modern Life, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns