Dr John Celes
You are the Potter!
We are the clay;
You made us better,
Than what we say.
You gave us good shape,
And soul inlay;
We behave like ape
Often, some day!
If we had cracks,
That came some way,
Do plug all the leaks,
God, we all pray!
Let’s hold the water,
You pour in us;
What’s the matter?
What’s the fuss?
You know us too well;
You know our hearts;
You know where we fell;
You know our parts.
Help us to do well,
What You approve;
And let the world tell,
Greatest is God’s love!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 7-9-2010
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear God… by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- the jar has more than wasps, Mandolyn Davidson
- A prayer to my Pagli..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Swabby Ship Shanty, Samantha Pearson
- In Praise of Nobility (Sixteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Fifteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Hope, Olugbuyi Stephen Gbolly
- I trace you on the coffee table, Mandolyn Davidson
- On Line Poet's Friendship, Om Chawla
- गोरबोनि सानस्रि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Symphony Of The Sea, Saiom Shriver