Hey, I've been thinking
Why I don't completely love you
I'm crushing on some other guys
They make me laugh more
They're more upbeat and energized
Also, they have needs I can fill
Studying for classes
And what can I do for you?
I know we're close.
I enjoy your warmth.
What makes me attracting?
I can tell you that I adore you for your affection, boldness, and courage.
I adore you for including me in your social settings.
I thank you for a good time passed. I look forward to many more.
I feel somewhat sorry.
Being a couple is so appealing.
But don't you think it'd be unfair for you?
Because I'm not wholeheartedly into you?
There's other guys, who I'll never date.
I'd jump at the chance. But they'll never ask me.
So I thank you. For confronting me, letting me know that I'm lovely and don't have to be alone.
I thank you.
And I'll say yes to you.
But don't you think that'd be cheating?
Unless you are sure that your love would be enough to make me forget the others?
I'd say yes.
I'll say yes.
If you're sure that you're willing to date a girl who's heart isn't with you.
If you can handle the fact that she has high standards that you may never get to?
It's your choice. This is what I have to say after two days of thinking.
Hey, I'm loving you.
Because you're here for me. And I know you always will be.
I thank you.
I will see you soon.
Liliana EL.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Lovey by Liliana EL. )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- There Is No Good In Goodbye, Casarah Nance
- the old tatered guilt, Clara Keiper
- Going Ahead, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI