Hey, I've been thinking
Why I don't completely love you
I'm crushing on some other guys
They make me laugh more
They're more upbeat and energized
Also, they have needs I can fill
Studying for classes
And what can I do for you?
I know we're close.
I enjoy your warmth.
What makes me attracting?
I can tell you that I adore you for your affection, boldness, and courage.
I adore you for including me in your social settings.
I thank you for a good time passed. I look forward to many more.
I feel somewhat sorry.
Being a couple is so appealing.
But don't you think it'd be unfair for you?
Because I'm not wholeheartedly into you?
There's other guys, who I'll never date.
I'd jump at the chance. But they'll never ask me.
So I thank you. For confronting me, letting me know that I'm lovely and don't have to be alone.
I thank you.
And I'll say yes to you.
But don't you think that'd be cheating?
Unless you are sure that your love would be enough to make me forget the others?
I'd say yes.
I'll say yes.
If you're sure that you're willing to date a girl who's heart isn't with you.
If you can handle the fact that she has high standards that you may never get to?
It's your choice. This is what I have to say after two days of thinking.
Hey, I'm loving you.
Because you're here for me. And I know you always will be.
I thank you.
I will see you soon.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Lovey by Liliana EL. )
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
- YOU Are First Fiddle in Your Concert, AL.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)