Of Muses And Other Ghosts
First of all
I must undress you of all clothes
for you to really feel, my poem.
It's not merely enough to read the words,
that sailed from my pen to paper,
for words cannot warm the skin
as a kiss does.
Surely you understand this,
better than any woman that I gave flowers
because I loved.
But I see you're not undressing,
though my verses are nude,
go away, and stray
in someone else's poem,
not in mine.
Of Muses And Other Ghosts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear November, by Of Muses And Other Ghosts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Big Ivory!, Denis Martindale
- My Eyes Blue And Clear, Kyle Schlicher
- Tomorrow I, Sadiqullah Khan
- Elegy To A Gypsy Lass, richard harris
- Firewater, Sadiqullah Khan
- Multiplied By Each Mind, Margaret Alice Second
- de reporter, co the skipper
- Knock the Door Down, Sadiqullah Khan
- Trails Of Love, Lilly Emery