Dear Other Half When You Exist.
I need not explain how I found you, because you have walked the exact same way towards me. I need not tell you how I witness your beauty, because you speak the same language.
I need not explain the depth of my soul, because you've sat with me in the centre of our depth. I need not tell you about the freedom of our speech, because we are not chained by our words.
I need not tell you about the tenderness of touch, because we have both held butterflies in our hands. I need not tell you about the magic of a whisper, because we have listened with our souls.
I need not explain to you what darkness looks like, because we've taken each other out of there before. I need not tell you how it feels to step into the light, because we've both bathed in brightness when the light faded in.
I need not tell you about the importance of a single second, because we have tasted the sweetness of lasting and the bitterness of not long enough..
I need not tell you about stillness, because in our stillness has been the deepest, most powerful movement. I need not tell you about power, because we know that power is not in strength, but in truth and knowing. I need not tell you about us, because we are real. I need not tell you about love, because love is what has grown from the inside.
I need not tell you anything, because we know everything. But I want to explore with you the depths and tints of our life together.
Azriel Dreams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Other Half When You Exist. by Azriel Dreams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeRy1, sEaN nOrTh
- Biswr, Swrji Basumatary
- Wine, Leong Ming Loong
- PARLIAMENTARY TYRANNY IN NAIROBI, alexander opicho
- Christmas, Paul Sebastian
- Let us not fail, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Luo Zhihai
- Ang Mulugkhw, Swrji Basumatary
- Hounds, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- Decide and follow, hasmukh amathalal