Machinery surrounds my bed,
It sounds so different yet nothing is said,
Mouths are moving and no sound comes out,
I cannot hear you please help me I shout.
But my words, they are swallowed by a deafening silence,
And yet there is still no response,
Shoulders are moving up and down,
But escaping is a little sound,
Why it says did you have to go?
I shout I am not going anywhere.
But they cannot hear me now,
For I am no longer with those that I love.
Sam Byron's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DEATH by Sam Byron )
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry