Hunting gent lays broken, gasping,
thrown from horse at bramble hedgerow.
Grinning fox appears at last
to whisper 'tally-ho'!
Hiker with binoculars is
mesmerized by bird call echoes.
Unaware, she meets a bear
and bird sings 'Cheerio'!
Rimy limey falls from rigging,
passing mermaid hums calypso.
Partnering his drowning jig,
she murmurs 'Yo ho ho'.
Thief lies, pumping blood and dying,
stabbed by shard from jeweler's window.
Friendly copper chances by,
'hello, ‘ello, ‘ello'
Seedy movie flickers on as
heart attack stills patron's airflow.
Porn star watching from the screen
is sighing, 'Oh, Oh, Oh'.
I am Death, as fox, bird, mermaid,
copper, porn star - no proviso.
Masked however each prefers
to say 'It's time to go'!
Diane Hine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by Diane Hine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Words Justified or Words Condemed, Terrance Tracy
- He Said, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unknown, dhia abada
- Time is fixed, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- A Tea Plucker In Sri Lanka, Dilantha Gunawardana
- My Name is Humanity, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Hey Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- যদি ভুলে যাও আমায়, Rezwan Mortuza
- Be not sad, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of River, Zillur Rahman Shuvro