The end of the road
And the beginning of a new journey
And lands untold of.
I stay with life
Like a shadow unseen
And a peril unfelt.
I knock the valiant down
I blow the violent out.
A booby trap
For the bullish
And a message of peace
For the well-poised.
Of the intangible
With tangible dark
And white impressions.
The skidding off
Of the stream of air
With a mute twinge
Vague as fog
Fuzzy and hazy
To the pretentious clarities.
An invasion incognito
Into the physical form
Of the old and the young
And even those
Who fear to cease.
Shahid Sarwar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by Shahid Sarwar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Church Street Bomb blast, Gert Strydom
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Darling Dare, katusiime jeresi
- That And This, Indira Renganathan
- Florette's Woods, Nika McGuin
- Merger, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Naat-Zaufishan Nabi Hayn, Akhtar Jawad
- Extension, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Of the old church, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Who will sit when bound to lose?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Jewelry of the heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My throat sings not more, Emmanuel George Cefai