Death Of A Child
You came into our lives,
I can still heart the patter
of wrinkled feet, so soft.
You could not stay
but needed to say, fleetingly
Farewell, before the end
of a mysterious journey.
And it is certain, without doubt,
that God did sent you,
with love he took you back.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Of A Child by Herbert Nehrlich )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edward Kofi Louis
(13th October 1961)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- They die before you do., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Witch Romance, Alexander Onoja
- The safe ground, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Old age gripping, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Your Warmth 2, Michael P. McParland
- The Zulu King, Margaret Alice Second
- I Love Life, Alfred Oyori
- Silence, ashi singh
- Tales Of A Wife: Gillie, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- My Conscience Leads Me On, Tony Adah