Death's invitation Is tempting
But once you've gone you can't come back.
Do I risk everything by going?
Or do I stay and be attacked?
Death invites me every night,
I can't avoid his voice.
Never can I be happy
Being in charge of this choice.
I'm asking you, just take it.
Take me from this horrid place.
I've lost all hope, now times up.
I'm meeting death- Face to Face.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death's Invitation by Sierra Staten )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Humanity in person, hasmukh amathalal
- Perfect Union, Anu Shraddha
- Dafur crisis, Lubinda Lubinda
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI