Death's invitation Is tempting
But once you've gone you can't come back.
Do I risk everything by going?
Or do I stay and be attacked?
Death invites me every night,
I can't avoid his voice.
Never can I be happy
Being in charge of this choice.
I'm asking you, just take it.
Take me from this horrid place.
I've lost all hope, now times up.
I'm meeting death- Face to Face.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death's Invitation by Sierra Staten )
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
- Adaptation, maria sudibyo
- ব্যস্ততার অবসান, Yakub Ali
- Long Drought, maria sudibyo
- Rain Season Isn't Yet, maria sudibyo
- Paper Assignment, maria sudibyo
- 'RAMDAS KESAVADAS', the fraud, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- A Prayer, Holly Moon
- Benevolent Heart, Holly Moon
- You Say You Love Me, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)