DEATH WITH DIGNITY MAYBE NOW... APRIL 26TH,2013
They tell the near-dead to live on regardless of the pain,
And we should pay attention though Ottawa seems to be insane,
With their combination of hypocrisy and autocracy,
Because Ottawa rules with their aristocracy and bureaucracy.
It should be written in the Charter, big and strong and bold,
That Canadians have a right to die though Ottawa wants to withhold,
Though those close to death may need help to get the job over and done,
And their assisted suicide; chosen to be their final end run.
Of course priests and bishops and cardinals are completely opposed,
And their reasons are like the pedophile stuff – never disclosed,
As Canadians, we should be able to demand these changes,
Whether it’s federal or provincial – so long as someone arranges.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DEATH WITH DIGNITY MAYBE NOW... APRIL 26TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis