Lawrence S. Pertillar
Few seek relationships to end in ruin from rust.
But those who make claims not to know,
When signs began to show deterioration...
Are the very ones who implemented,
Not only the dust and distrust...
But also the wounding that began the decay.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Decay by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)